Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A VERY GOOD DAY INDEED

I don't have to work today. It's a good thing too, I spent ten plus hours in the salon yesterday, had my big six month review with corporate (keep in mind I've been there 2 weeks) and it's spring break here, so I also had to cut a bunch of hair.

The QSR, as we call them, went just like I thought it would, no surprises for me, I know what needs to be done, the owner of the salon however thought that it was unfair and biased, and made me feel as though she holds me responsible for her low score. What ever. I've promised myself I'm not going to worry about it.
Nick decided to take my mind off of it by suggesting we go look at the Ontario State Recreation Area, we have been thinking it would be a good place for our wedding ceremony, I think he really just wanted to see if it would be a good place to fish but, whatever his motives it sounded like a good idea, and it's really nice today.
He went to drop off a couple of resumes and run a couple errands before we left, so I jumped in the shower and got dressed. That sweet man did something very unexpected, he stopped at the grocery and picked up some things for a picnic!
Smoked salmon, cheese, crackers ,strawberries, Mexican pastries and sodas! It was just what I needed! We sat and relaxed, talked about the wedding, talked about our grandson, watched Bru try to act like a civilized dog, all bets are off when it comes to cheese and salmon! It was a beautiful time! I love my two boys so very much, they know just how to make me feel better!
Have you ever wanted to cry because you were happy, but known that if you did the person that was making you happy might misunderstand and think it's his fault somehow that your upset? I've needed a good cathartic cry for a while and just haven't been able to get there.

 I think that I just might go lie down and do that, not because I'm sad but because life is so beautiful!
And because I'm so lucky!
Well, that's all for now. I hope someone you love does something to make you cry tears of joy!

Have a great day!
xo

p.s. remember to enter the giveaway:) you can find details in my last blog!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm finally getting around to visiting you! the dotty shelf edging came from Michael's crafts. It is supposed to be teacher's bulletin board trim.

    Well,I've been married for 31 years and my husband has never planned a pick nick! He makes me happy, though. :)

    I hate to cry- happy or sad but I hope you got yours. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post and a beautify tribute to Nick. Wow I love reading about such joy.....well except for the petty shop owner!

    ReplyDelete

I appretiate your comments! Thank You for visiting!!
Tig