Monday, March 5, 2012

RETHINKING SPACE

I woke up this morning to watch the sunrise. I'm probably going to make my Dad choke but, I love mornings! While I was out there, shivering, I did a little thinking. Will spring ever really get here? How do you know that when you close the fridge door the light goes out? If I cut up one of those apples and treat it like a baked apple and spoon it over ice cream...? What color should I paint the trim on the house? You know those stream of consciousness thinking sessions, or as I like to think of them, Winnie the Pooh times.
Guess that's what I was doing really, dreaming about my day, thinking about all of the things I want to get done this week, I want to get a few more rocks done. Ms. Jane asked me what I was going to do with my rocks...put them in my garden. O.k. so I only painted this one purple and then decoupaged some K&Co. cardstock things on it (I must have really liked this pack...I bought two!) and waiting for the Mod Podge to dry. Not sure it will hold up in the garden if it rains but...well...the garden is where rocks live.
I was talking to Ms. Jane the other day about my kitchen, my tiny, little kitchen. If you were wondering why there aren't any pictures of the whole kitchen, it's because it's so small that you can't get the right angle to fit the whole thing in, I've been trying. Having a tiny space doesn't mean you can't have cute things around, it just means that if it's not functional it needs to occupy non-functional space. I need flowers so, an old juice glass, some silk flowers and that un-usable two inches between the stove and the sink. That space that isn't even big enough for the dish soap.
Nick's giant hole just keeps growing! He is now down 39 inches and it's 18-20 feet long. About every three feet he runs into pipes going to who knows where. Bruno thinks the trench project sucks! Brunotopia is now an obstacle course, good for playing Evel Knievel or WWI medic jumping the trenches, not so good for napping in the sun spots. He has also started trying to convince me that Bilbo Baggins has been squatting in the Quonset hut.

Well, time to start my day.
Hope yours is bright and sunny and beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appretiate your comments! Thank You for visiting!!
Tig