Thursday, March 8, 2012

HURRAY FOR GRUMPDOLF THE SALT AND PEPPER

Thanks to a lot of blood, sweat, tears and good old fashioned elbow grease, we have indoor plumbing once again!

Those are two pieces of pipe that had to be replaced. I am so proud of Nick, I know that this was a physical challenge, not to mention a test of patients, I honestly thought he was headed for a nervous break down at several points.
He had everything ready to be turned on by noon today. wouldn't it figure that the one part he really wanted to replace, and didn't, was the only thing that leaked! He got that old fitting removed, we had everything turned back on and now (cue angles singing) WATER! In the pipes where it belongs!

 Bruno seems pretty happy now that we can start filling in the giant hole and send the Orks back to middle earth!
I found this ominous sign in the dirt right before the water was turned on. I just knew then that everything was going to be allright and that Nick and I are meant to be here, loving and caring for each other and this beautiful old house. I will never again take for granted the joy of a flushing a tiolet!

I'm going to go help fill in the hole now. Hopefully I won't be sharing anymore plumbing pictures.

It really is a beautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm sure it must be quite a relief to have plumbing back! What a trial for you!
    Thanks so much for your recent visit. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appretiate your comments! Thank You for visiting!!
Tig