Thursday, April 26, 2012

THE LIFE OF A DOG

We have had a very good, very lazy day around here. It rained HARD most of the day, was a little chilly and generally a great day to stay inside and catch up.
I think Nick was really happy for the rain, he didn't have to water. He tossed more seed out there last night and I'm hoping it will get a better start than the last stuff. I spent my day working on wedding stuff, we have the whole rehearsal figured out, right down to the menu, homemade chili, (sans beans!) corn bread, salad and pineapple upside down cake! I think we might even get a pinata!

I also got busy baking bread. That little bit of counter is where I do it all, mixing, kneading and shaping. I've gotten it down to a science I tell you!

I'm not sure what happened, they started out right...

but then...well, I'm sure it will taste great, it might not slice so well but

I'm just happy that I can spend my day baking bread for my funny little family! It's so much better than store bought. I also put together some of those Overnight Cinnamon Rolls for Ms. Jane's first morning here. I'm trying something different this time, I'm freezing them until Ms. Jane gets here. If it works I'll be making at least three pans of them for the brunch after the wedding.


Bruno wishes she would walk in the door now. Not only because he wants to eat cinnamon rolls, mostly because he wants to love on her. He loves his NaNa so much, all you have to do is mention her name and he gets all wiggly! Time to go do some laundry.
xo

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    Mmmh I can almost smell that bread...I just disdovered your blog and it is quite interesting. Looking forward to seeing more. Have a wonderful week. Greetings from Indiana... Heidi

    ReplyDelete

I appretiate your comments! Thank You for visiting!!
Tig