Tuesday, May 1, 2012

STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES

I don't know what I was thinking, of the 5 most stressful things a person can do, I'm doing four this year!
1. Buy a "new" old house
2. Start a new job
3. Move to a new town
4. Get married
5. Have a baby
Only number five is out of the question! I do however now have a grandson, not quite the same. It amazes me how, when you say the word wedding the cost of whatever you were looking at triples! There is so much to do, and now only about 80 days to do it.

If I was in Portland all of this would be easy, I know that place like the back of my hand, where the deals are, who has what, and how long things take. In a new town, a very small town, a very very small town I have no clue! What I have figured out is this...if you want something nice you have to drive to Boise or Nampa or Meridian. Those towns are in Idaho, a state that has sales tax so everything costs even more! We don't even have a Target store here!!
My future mother in love will be here in 9 days. When Nick asked me to marry him, it reminded me that I don't have a mommy any more, and that I really need a mommies help to plan a wedding. When I shared that thought with Ms. Jane she offered to step in, bless her heart, I'm not sure she knew what she was doing!
I have a shopping trip in Idaho planned for her, an evening of sugar cube making, invitation addressing, menu planning and recipe hunting. It's just going to be nice to have her here for some brain storming.

This silly guy has plans for Ms. Jane as well, cuddle, snuggle, love and play! His words. Just mention the word NaNa and his tail wiggles so hard he nearly knocks himself out! He and I are home alone right now, Nick started his job at the theater today. I was looking forward to getting some wedding stuff done while he was gone but I just don't feel very motivated to do it. Maybe I'll start pinning stuff and make some lists. That's it.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appretiate your comments! Thank You for visiting!!
Tig