Wednesday, February 15, 2012

WE'RE NOT HOMLESS ANYMORE!

Our super sweet little farm house, minus the farm, and yes, that's a "damned" locust tree in the front! I'm not sure what I want more...furniture, or that tree gone! We want to replace it with a curly willow and we want our family and friends that come out for the wedding to help us plant it. What a great symbol of our life together!
                                        
If you've never bought a home let me just tell you, it's not all happy wet puppy kisses! It's a lot of phone calls, pieces of paper, trips to the bank, stress and headaches. This whole process of moving from Portland has actually given me shingles and that's no fun! It seems like every time we turn around someone has their hand out and wants more money that we were expecting to pay. Oh well, it's only money, and this is the home that we will build our best memories in. Our wedding reception in the yard, Thanksgiving, Christmas. For the first time in a long time I have a fireplace to hang stockings on, and places for at least 4 Christmas trees!!!! My G'mom(Mom's Mom) is sitting on her cloud in heaven jealous! Day off breakfasts and special dinners! I can't wait to be a real farm house wife! 
This is BRUNOTOPIA, a place where leashes and harnies are forbidden and kitty cats are like the guys in the black hats in the old western movies,and will be run right out of town before sundown! I think he's been watching way to much Daniel Boone on t.v. lately! It makes me a little nervous. Of course when he's not busy playing sheriff Matt Dillon to Nick's Festus, he'll be being Sgt. Schults! Big dog, big security! He's also convinced that the Quonset should be his dog house!

The outside of the house needs a lot of t.l.c. but the inside really only needs some cleaning and tons of furniture. So far I have named the yard and the Quonset will be called the Swamp, the house is nameless and that just won't do. If you have any suggestions please let me know, I just can't think of anything yet.

Well, if all goes well we'll be in there on Friday! No more motel! No more microwave food! No more stepping on each other!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by and I'm glad that you found a place to call your own.

    ReplyDelete

I appretiate your comments! Thank You for visiting!!
Tig