Saturday, February 11, 2012

INSIPRATION IN LIMBO

Today was our first day of rain, although I wouldn't call it rain, not by Portland standards. Just enough wet stuff to make things a little wet. The locals are baffled by,"all this rain" and the general consensus is,"at least it's not snowing".

Because it's "raining", and it's Saturday, and there isn't a lot to do, I've spent the majority of the day looking at blogs about home decorating and creativity. Trying to choose just one decorating style is hard for me, whimsical...romantic...shabby...chic...elegant...country...cottage...homespun...I like them all. If I can find a way to incorporate them all, and make it all Bruno and Nick proof, keep it affordable, sigh.

If I just knew for sure that we have our house. I have unfortunately fallen in love with this little place! A cute little farm house type with a Quonset hut in the back. The Quonset is a one bedroom apartment that, if we can afford not to rent it out we want to use as a guest house. The big house is really a one bedroom, although the Realtor calls it a 2/3 bedroom, one bath. One of the "bedrooms" is really a library, just off the living room with a great wooden accordion door to separate the two. The other is in the basement with window issues. I don't have any pictures of it yet, we have an appointment to have the heater inspected at 9:00 Monday, I'll take some then. This house, built in 1930, has beautiful, original woodwork, a built in china hutch and best of all, no one ever painted the wood!

Going from a 2 bedroom house, to a studio apartment, to a 2 bedroom house with a guest house is a challenge. We don't even have a proper bed! I have 3 dining tables, no sofas no comfy chairs. I was hoping to find great thrift stores here but they really aren't that terrific. We did find out about an auction every Tuesday night and I found a flower/gift/antique store. I guess I'm being a silly girl but I want our house to be beautiful for the wedding! I'm hoping to have our reception there!!

Oh, just ramblings tonight, I just really want to start decorating my house! Didn't I say that last night? I'm thinking of doing my bathroom in lavender and chocolate brown. Need to keep in mind that my Nicky is a man and pink and white and all frills might have a negative effect on him.

I found this table at the flower shop/antique store and love it. I have a table that I want to refinish and I think this might just be the ticket. Not the colors, or the sunflowers, but something like it. I want things brighter, more whimsical. Sort of a cross between Mary Englebrite and Susan Branch. I also found this headboard,

this is a great deal! I just hope it's there when we get the keys to the new house. I can already see Nick and Bruno all cuddled up in it while I get up to make the coffee. Another big SIGH.

Oh well, the soonest we'll know is Monday, until then I'll keep surfing and dreaming. I'll let you know the different blogs I love for inspiration over there on the side.

1 comment:

  1. Oohh, love the table a lot! And love your blog. So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

I appretiate your comments! Thank You for visiting!!
Tig