Friday, February 10, 2012

MIRACLES, BLESSINGS,PATIENCE AND TIGHT SPACES

That Little speck is the moon! Almost full, that was a couple nights ago, I might not be in Montana but the sky here is huge and full of stars. We go out every night together, Nick, Bruno and I, so Bru can potty before bed, and every night I look up at the stars and realize that I never saw the moon so big or the stars so bright in Portland. One of many miracles I've recently experienced. Our whole adventure has been peppered with them. Doors that we didn't even know were doors have opened just when we needed them to, things that have caused us stress before our move have resolved themselves just in time, we've met the right people, been n the right places and, for a change, been aware of whats been going on around us. I wouldn't say I'm a christian, most of the people who claim to be really need to look up the definition of that word, but I do believe in God, and I try to live my life in a truly christian manner. That being said I really didn't much believe in miracles, I can now say without reservation that small miracles do happen!

I don't know if it's the way I was raised or what but I do count my blessings every day. Some days are harder to to pare down to just a handful and some days it's hard to come up with 3. Two everyday blessings, my top two, are my two boys, Nick and Bru, they make me laugh, make me smile, support and love me every single day. I am so very lucky to have both of them in my life. My future Mother In Law, Ms. Jane is another constant blessing. I lost my Mom to lung cancer in 1997 and learned that a Mom has a very special place in a persons life. That place, which is a huge one, was very empty for a very long time, and then Nick decided we were serious enough that I should talk to his Mom. Ms. Jane, from that first phone call has treated me like a daughter. She has given me so much love. Some times blessings, like miracles, are disguised. Like the three of us living in a studio apartment for a year and a half. I don't honestly think that if we hadn't gone through that we could get along as well as we do in our tiny temporary home.

the Ontario Inn, our home for now
our tiny little room
This has actually brought us even closer together. The stress of buying a home, the hurry up and wait, the uncertainty of whether an offer will be accepted, all of those things can take a toll on the strongest relationships. For us, it has the opposite effect. Since there really isn't much to do right now we go for walks, we explore our new town, we plan the rest of our life and we wait for the phone to ring. Being new in town seems to give some people the idea that we can be taken advantage of. Of course I don't know that for sure and I don't want to look at everyone in that way but I am aware human nature, I think that's Portland talking, Portland where the golden rule was re-written: Do unto others before they can do it to you. Guess I'm still a little shell shocked.

I just need to remind myself that the world is a wondrous place and that everything happens for a reason. Our first offer on our house was not accepted, but we have agreed with the seller on a price, just so long as the furnace checks out. Our room is cozy and warm. We have only had three overcast days since we got here on January 31st. None of us have had any serious run ins with  the "damned" locust trees, ask any of the locals, they all call them the "damned" locust trees.

one of the "damned" locust trees

The same can not be said of the Russian Olive trees. At least we now know what they are, and more importantly, where they are. I would suggest giving those a wide birth. We are a little closer to having our dream house.

I can't wait to start decorating our new home, cooking again and getting back to normal. I think blueberry pancakes should be our first breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appretiate your comments! Thank You for visiting!!
Tig