Friday, February 24, 2012

BE IT EVER SO HUMBLE


We're in our new home, it's been a week today. When I look around and see the things we've done to turn it into a home, I think, wow, we've done soooo much, then I look around again and think, what have we been doing for the last week!

That "couch" and coffee table are about our only furniture at this point (we do have a bed) and trying to put things away is hard. I've been busy making curtains for every window, that's really eaten up a big chunk of my time and Nick, bless his heart (southern translation...he aint to bright) has been outside fixing the fence, and playing with shiny things.
I won't bore anyone with all the before pictures. This is the only room that is really "finished", it's the entry way. these built in shelves are just one of the things that make this house so special. I finally have a place for all my treasures...yes I'm still looking for more! even though the shelves are pretty full.
This has been my little roost since we moved in...sewing hell. Yes that stack of fabric is all of my curtains...I finally, today, got the last curtain hung.
This is the dinning room curtain, my Mom was such an amazing seamstress, decorator and was so meticulous. Those are big shoes to fill, but I'm trying! I was thinking I was done sewing for a while but no...now I'm thinking about making a stuffed chicken for the kitchen and even our Christmas stockings!
I'm feeling really guilty doing this instead of unpacking or painting my spice rack or...where to start. I'll put more of the after pictures up here tomorrow, or maybe later tonight, after we get home from the auction! Have a beautiful day and remember to tell those special people in your life how much they mean to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appretiate your comments! Thank You for visiting!!
Tig