Sunday, February 12, 2012

LITTLE SURPRISES

Yes, that's Bru, and Yes, he's actually sleeping that way! Another day at the motel, on Tuesday it will be 2 weeks. We really thought that we'd only be here a week at the longest, we packed accordingly, big mistake. We have been to the laundry twice already and really should have gone today but...it's Sunday...and we both have one more pair of clean socks left.

Yesterday Nick had to go over to our storage unit in Fruitland. He got on his bike and rode over the bridge to get Bruno his thyroid medication, in the "rain". While he was trying to remember where he had packed those pills he ran into my knitting stuff. Last week we went to my very favorite yarn store, White House Yarns, here in Ontario. The store is beautiful and the yarn is even nicer! It's located in the first house built in Ontario. When I walked up to the door I saw a sign...WE ARE CLOSING...what? That store was one of he biggest reasons I wanted to move here! Well I went in and did buy a few skeins of yarn but no needles. I guess the shock of finding a great yarn store, and having it close after I had only been in there once, sort of rattled me good. For those of you who knit, I know you understand what I was going through, 660 yards of yarn and no needles. When he told me he brought them to me, well, I almost cried! I did the only thing I could, I cast on a prayer shawl.
You can't really tell in the picture but the yarn is a rich eggplant purple that changes to a milk chocolate color and right now I'm working in a dark caramel shade. When I picked this monster skein up all I could see was the purple, the variegation was a big surprise but I like it. I think I'll keep this shall and put it in the Quonset so when we have guest they'll have something warm and full of love to wrap around their shoulders on a chilly evening. When I finish it I'll post more pictures and the pattern, hopefully in it's place of greeting in the Quonset!

We're meeting the heating inspector in the morning, hopefully that will all be good news. Just in case, if you're reading this, please say a little prayer for us. I can't wait to get in there and get some pictures. Your mind sort of distorts things. Like I can't remember what color the fireplace is, or the carpet. Buying a house is really something else. Hopefully tomorrow we'll know when we can move in there, and get out of here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appretiate your comments! Thank You for visiting!!
Tig